Saturday 1 September 2012

Minister Commiserates With Vanguard Over Death Of Reporter

                     

The Minister of Sports and Chairman of the National Sports Commission, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi has commiserated with Vanguard Newspaper over the death of Ogbonnaya Amadi, the entertainment editor of the newspaper.
In a letter to Sam Amuka, the Publisher of Vanguard, Mallam Abdullahi expressed deep sadness over the death of the reporter. “As a former journalist myself I know the passion and energy reporters invest in their jobs, and the convivial atmosphere of the newsroom. To think that Amadi collapsed in the newsroom, how sad,” Abdullahi said.
“I understand that the late reporter was a committed and diligent reporter who had spent all of his working life in the Vanguard, and was renowned in the entertainment sector for being an exceptional reporter with nose for news.
I commiserate with you and the Vanguard family for this great and untimely loss. I also commiserate with the family of the deceased and pray that God will give them the strength to carry on. Please accept my heart felt condolences , ” the letter stated.

No comments: