Sunday 21 October 2012

"How ex-Super Eagles International Godwin Okpara & wife turned me into a sex slave"-Teenager


Tina Okpara, the teenage girl who was serially raped by Super Eagles star, Godwin Okpara, has released a book, telling the story of how she was sexually assaulted for two years by the ex-Super Eagles star in France.
In the book titled, “My Life Has A Price”, Tina narrates how she was adopted at age 13 by the Okparas and taken to France. Linda, Okpara’s wife, then enslaved her for five years and turned a blind eye to the sexual abuse, she says in the book....Go to the cut to read the rest...
According to Tina, her decision to write the book seven years after she regained freedom, is to raise awareness and help other girls who might be going through the same horrendous experience, she said in an interview.
“One day, I told myself that if I refused testifying, other girls will continue to experience modern slavery,” she said.
 
She explained how her biological father was tricked by the Okparas into believing that she would be sent to school in France where the Super Eagles star was playing for Paris Saint Germain.
However, when she got to France, she was used as a sex slave. She was also prevented by Linda from attending school.
“The day she spat it on my face that schooling was not for me because I was too stupid, I lost all hope,” she said.
As the abuse worsened, Tina kept secret notebooks where she dumped all her sorrows.
“These notebooks were used to dump all my sorrow, all my hatred for Linda. It was my lifeline and my friend,” she said.
The 188-page book, originally written in French, has just been translated into English. Godwin is currently serving a 10-year

No comments: