Saturday 6 October 2012

Nicole Kidman opens up about depression after tom Cruise divorce

Nicole Kidman opens up about depression after Tom Cruise divorce - Daily Celebrity News

Nicole Kidman has spoken for the first time about the depression she suffered from after splitting up with ex-husband Tom Cruise.

The Moulin Rouge actress - who adopted two children with the actor before they divorced in 2001 - blamed getting married at the tender age of 23 for her illness, which followed the breakdown of the couple's marriage.

However, the Oscar-winner admitted that she has no regrets about the union.

Speaking to Who magazine, she said: "I got married really fast and really young. But I don't regret that because it got me Bella and Connor, and I did have a fantastic marriage for a long period.

"Then when it didn't work out, I had to really dig deep and find my way through depression. I have no regrets about all of it. It was all part of growing up."

The 45-year-old Australian star − who is now married with two children to country singer and American Idol judge Keith Urban − also opened up about her difficulties in starting a family and how that contributed to her depression.

Recalling the birth of her daughter Sunday Rose, Kidman said: "I had so much time thinking that wasn't going to happen in my life and trying to understand that... When it did happen − and for it to be a surprise − that was great.

She added: "I had tried and failed and failed and failed. Not to be too detailed, but I've had an ectopic pregnancy, miscarriages and I've had fertility treatments. I've done all the stuff you can possibly do to try get pregnant.

"Every woman who has been through all those ups and downs knows the depression that comes with it. So the way it just happened with Sunday was like, 'What?' The percentages were so low. It is the miracle in my life."

Meanwhile, during the same interview, Kidman also revealed that, despite rumours to the contrary, she did not counsel Tom Cruise's ex-wife Katie Holmes ahead of her split from the Mission Impossible star earlier this year.

Kidman revealed: "I never spoke to her. I wish all of them well, but I was not involved in any of that."

SOURCe: DAILY MAIL, DIGITAL SPY

No comments: