Sunday 28 October 2012

President Jonathan endorses Mitt Romney


The campaign of Mitt Romney, the Republican challenger to Barack Obama, the president of the United States, in the forthcoming presidential elections received a major international boost last week as Nigeria’s president, Goodluck Jonathan endorsed him. The endorsement came as a shock to Obama who thought he had African sentiment on his side.
But President Jonathan, who endorsed Romney on national TV said that he backed Romney for the following reasons:
    Obama is a snub. Remember that time he visited Africa, I begged him to at least reach Nigeria even though it’s just to stop at the airport and smile but he refused. Instead he went to Ghana just to spite me. I would never, never forgive him for that. Other leaders like Germany’s Merkel and UK’s Cameron all visited but he was feeling too big. Now it’s payback time.
The battle between Obama and I for facebook friends is very personal. Right now he has more friends, not because he’s friendlier than me, but because he started before me. That’s why he has to lose. I have three years in this term alone; you can imagine how much I would have dusted him by the time I’ll be done with my second term.
    Mitt Romney does not drink or smoke, just like me. But Obama loves beer too much. The only thing I can compare with Obama’s love for beer is my love for cassava bread. Romney has my kind of temperament; he is the man America needs.
As you all know, Bola Ahmed Tinubu attended Obama’s Democratic Party convention. Now just imagine what Tinubu would say if Obama wins. He will claim that during the convention he strategised with Obama and donated lots of dollars, that’s why Obama won. You know he claimed the same thing about the Iroko recently.

No comments: