Wednesday 17 October 2012

Yinka Ayefele reacts to Oyo State Government's planned demolition of his Music House

Yinka Ayefele has cried out that the Oyo state government is planning to demolish his multi million naira music house - 'The Yinka Ayefele Music House' along Falana road, Ibadan, Oyo State.
The Tungba music creator, Yinka Ayefele, in a chat with Yes! International Magazine Showbiz Editor, Gbenga Shaba said: "I know it's a test of my faith and it will soon pass. I observed the stipulated distance range for the building, but no one knew that the area would soon attract an 8-lane way, which will mean more lands have to give way for the expansion. I know I'm not the only one this will affect. there are hundreds of good people of Oyo state who derive their daily meals from different activities that are carried out in the building. I know the governor of Oyo state will now allow injustice to be carried out. I know he has a good heart and if the house is demolished, I hope I will be duly compensated.
This is the first time the Tungba music creator will be reacting publicly since the news of the planned demolition by the Oyo State government broke last week.
According to the state government the building is on the right-of-way for the planned 8-lane road expansion in Ibadan, hence the reason for the planned demolition..

However, the caption on the magazine reads that the reason is because of former governor of Oyo Stae Alao Akala. Well, you might want to get a copy of the mag for the full gist.

No comments: