Wednesday 7 November 2012

I can't Remove guilt from my Head after a Night of Lust with an old Friend


I'VE cheated on my husband. It was a one-off but I can’t get it out of my mind. It’s like I’m carrying a weight around with me
I’m 37 and my husband’s 39. We’ve been married for 15 years and have two children. This other guy is someone I’ve known for a long time. Our paths crossed by chance one Saturday morning when I was taking my children for their weekly swimming lessons.
We chatted about old times, swapped phone numbers and suggested we had a get together with our families.


Things didn’t quite work out like that and after six months of texting, we gave in to the chemistry between us. We made excuses to get away and had an amazing night at a romantic country hotel. The sex with him was fantastic and he made me feel so alive.
But I hate myself for doing this to another woman and her children. It would destroy our
families if they found out.
I do love my husband but there is nothing exciting about our marriage any more. Communication is not his strong point.
I should have known that, although this was a one-off, I can’t get it out of my mind. I so want to see him again but I know it will never happen.
We email sometimes and he’s always very kind and friendly, but he seems to have moved on easily. I hurt so much though - this was so out of character for me.
I can’t share this with anyone and I feel like I’m going out of my mind. Will these feelings ever go away





 

No comments: