Friday 8 February 2013

This is Bizzare:Doctor,This Baby Must Not Come!


This week, we are going to share a story that might get some of us thinking about life beyond what we see,and whether ,there is really another world apart from this one. Let's examine the story.
I had this lady who presented for her Antenatal sessions and she was always very cooperative, in terms of taking her sessions seriously as well as her medications.
When she was about 7 months pregnant, she made mention of something very worrisome when she came to the hospital. She said to me that she didn't want to have the baby again. I was really surprised and I asked if everything was alright particularly regarding her relationship with her husband. And she replied that he was indeed very supportive. So, what could be the problem? She picked her bag and said "doctor,don't worry". Afterwards, She left my office.
When she was due for delivery, she presented in labour at the Maternity ward. She was examined and found to be having adequate contractions. So, we admitted her for labour to progress and have a delivery.
Then, the drama started unfolding! The lady started with "Matron! Don't touch me, I am very serious, don't touch me! And she was in labour pain at the same time. When she became very aggressive, I was invited to review her and also talk to her to calm down. Immediately she spotted me by her bed side, she kept screaming,"doctor,this baby must not come"!
She was very uncooperative, but, it took our expertise to deliver the baby. She gave birth to a baby girl. The lady was thereafter allowed to rest after delivery and baby was cleaned and placed in the court beside the mother's bed.
Then, the shocker came! She woke up in the middle of the night and looked at the baby with anger and said" despite that "I told you not to come, you insisted you would come and you came!". she snapped the baby's neck and the baby died instantly.
She laid in her bed after the act and she quietly passed away before any medical personnel could attend to her. Though, we may have medical explanation for what might have happened, we would like you to share your views.

No comments: